7 Surprising Health Benefits of Dog Ownership
You may not think so when you get a heart-stopping veterinarian bill or when all your dog does is laze on the couch and watch TV with you but dog ownership actually can provide a variety of health benefits.
Anecdotal and scientific evidence have shown that dog owners tend to be healthier than the average person. Here are seven ways that living with a dog might keep you healthy.
- They can detect cancer
- They can keep you active
- They can tell when you have low blood sugar
- They can reduce your risk of eczema
- They can help you during seizures
- They can steer you away from foods that you’re allergic to
- They can help you rehabilitate from illnesses
To read the complete article by Iris Tse, a MyHealthNewsDaily Contributor, visit Live Science "7 Surprising Health Benefits of Dog Ownership".